Select one of the three filenames to download a bunch of data from the Kickit databases.
- CONTENTS.ZIP is a list of all dances found at Kickit, and their choreographers.
- CHORDATA.ZIP is a tab-delimited file with the complete choreographer database.
- SONGDATA.ZIP is a tab-delimited file with a bunch of data from the songs database.
(Hint: View tab-delimited files using a spreadsheet program like Excel or Lotus.)
(There is a known bug in the IE6 and IE7 browsers which causes ZIP files to be downloaded incorrectly. If your computer reports that one of these ZIP files is "corrupt", please re-download it using a different browser, preferably Firefox.)
For the coolest, simplest Windows-based BPM counter, you should download the free program available from Mixmeister. Just point it at your MP3 directory and it automatically calculates the BPM of every song, and even updates the ID3v2 tags for you. Slick!
Otherwise, you can select one of the three pictures below to download a BPM counter. The first is for Windows and is very simple. The second is also for Windows, and is more robust, measuring speed in both Beats Per Minute (BPM) and Measures Per Minute (MPM), plus allowing you to add song data and save it to a file. The third is for the Macintosh computer. All three allow you to determine the speed of a song by tapping your computer's keyboard.
It may happen that, when you try to run the simple Windows BPM program, your computer reports that you are missing a file.
- If the missing file is VBRUN300.DLL, you can download it here, and unzip it into your C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM directory.
- If the missing file is THREED.VBX, you can download it here, and unzip it into your C:\WINNT\SYSTEM directory.